Monday, July 02, 2007

A Knight's Drama of Backups

[Cue the narration]

The first rule of data conservation is do backups.

Well, I violoated it. I never backuped my PCT history.

Now, I can't open PCT using my username, and I've lost all my history.

I can create a new user and start over, no problem.

I've sent e-mail to PCT, but so far, no response.

You know what? Who cares. I've created a new username, and I'm starting over.

[Cue the music]
To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go

[And... Cue the Knight....Action!]
Just because there are little setbacks along the way, does that mean I should give up the quest, renounce knighthood, and betray the very love by which I am bound?

[Feeling baby, feel it! Where's the music? It's late!! Louder, louder!!!]
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

[Serious now, right into the camera]
Nay, but we must redouble our efforts for Chessica that lady of love!
[Nice touch; I'm glad I thought to insert that. Very nice! I'm gonna get the Emmy for this one!]

[Pull back camera one. ]
This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
[How hopeless? How hopeless?... where's the tear? WHERE'S THE TEAR??]
No matter how far

[Fade in camera two]
To fight for the right

[Okay, I got the tear --- not how we planned it; not bad; I'll take it! C'mon now feeling!]
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

[For Chessica! C'mon, now! More. MORE!!!!]
And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm

[Wide angle...camera three]
When I'm laid to my rest
And the world will be better for this

That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star!

And, let me add, remember to do backups!!

[And.. cut! Aww, beautiful baby! That's a wrap. Back here tomorrow. 6:00AM sharp people! Are we off? Are we off? Good. Amateurs! I'm surrounded by amateurs!]



2 comments:

Blue Devil Knight said...

Lol. Awesome.

Unknown said...

awesome. you are rocking a kick ass blog....